All levels have been decoded from the original game (Amiga/PC), and first level is working more or less with all the items so worth a shot.
The NDS archives are user archives containing only NDS executable + data.
The win32 archives are user/src archive containing win32 executable + data + source code both for win32 & Nintendo DS,
including the patched version of SDL required to recompile the NDS version and make it work with devkitpro 1.5
- You'll need to install Code::Blocks in the first place.
- Get the latest Magic Pockets Remake Win32+source package as it contains everything needed for both platforms
Then, to recompile Magic Pockets for Win32 on Win32, you'll need the following:
- MinGW Minimalist Gnu for Windows. Contains C++ compiler, linker & debugger
- SDL Simple Directmedia Layer. You'll need this for the Win32 version
- SDL_Image The SDL library to load Images.
To recompile Magic Pockets for Nintendo DS, you'll need the following:
Here's a chance to keep my motivation up: there's still a lot to do both in NDS & PC version.
Level 2 has its challenges and so has level 3 with the damn water level, and so many enemies behaviour to code
Don't feel compelled to do it as I've got a full-time job and maybe I'm making more money than you
but would be appreciated anyway :)
- DevkitPro the compiler & platform for Nintendo DS unofficial devs
- SDL. The NDS version is included in the Win32+src package as it's difficult to obtain and also I
have patched it to use it with maxmod