This is quite lame, I don't know what to say. I really suck at HTML, and I would have an excuse for this page if only I was colorblind which is not the case.
Who am I ?
I'm a software engineer and a retrogaming/retrocomputer enthusiast, with little time now to pursue my projects (work, kids) but
every now and then there's a little window where I can improve/bugfix some stuff. Needless to say starting something
big and new is just out of the question, but I'm trying to support the old projects, and I always provide source code to
my programs now, just in case someone wants to fix them!
What am I doing ?
I was into amiga game patching/hacking until now (using WHDLoad,
but I slowed that down since I thought it more fun to re-make some classics that I played 15 years
ago and that I still enjoy playing.
Why am I wasting my time with that crap ?
Well, I'm retrogaming-addicted, Arcade, 8-bit computers, Amiga. My parents reluctantly
bought me an Oric in 1984 and it was not bad but lacked serious arcade action. I had to wait until 1991 until I was able to buy an Amiga 500.
That was great. And I remember a lot of excellent games.
For the games that I liked very much, I was very frustrated when I had explored all the game possibilities,
and the main goal of remaking games is not re-doing things 100% the same (first: you cannot without the game
code, and second: what's the point when every emulator does the job), but rather re-doing things 200% the same,
with possibility of extending the games using a level editor. Now that's something new.
Game remakes by me
Oric game remakes/conversions by me
My other work
- Amoric - an old Oric emulator for the old Amiga machine. Completely useless now.
- WHDLoad install slaves - little "drivers" to make old Amiga games run on modern amigas and WinUAE.
- O2EM launcher - a GUI frontend for the Odyssey emulator. I am not the original author but I took over to
adapt to newer versions of O2EM and add nice stuff. This is the latest version. I cannot update the
sourceforge versions for technical reasons (and also who cares about this program anymore?).
- O2EM Odyssey/VideoPac Emulator for Nintendo DS
- Portable FImp in C - A conversion of the 68000 version of the famous "Imploder" algorithm in C. Handy for remakes/editors such as Exl's Superfrog level editor.
- JOTDStartup V5 (beta) - A rebuilt version of the old Amiga JST tool (now replaced by WHDLoad) but what's nice is that it can run WHDLoad slaves on small machines (kickstart 1.3)
- Level map writer - Generic tool to create map images from tiles & level map index file.
Some MP3 tunes I have composed/remixed/remade (contains 99% of private jokes)
It was a long time ago. My fellow classmates will hopefully like it.
The movie "Blood Debt" (1995) at least transfered to DivX !!!
A huge improvement over the crappy VHS copy that I have. I've started sub-titling it but I miss the motivation because noone cares
Anyway, download the movie and cut scenes here
Free & legal software that I use and like very much
What's the use? First, the links will be outdated in a short time, and second why should I waste my
energy trying to maintain a working list when you can
Google ? (ok so there's at least one link here, I bet you didn't know it)
Contact me at:
This webpage is under construction